Quick reference guides of road rules and other legislation applied in states and territories.
The placemats provide summary information on road rules and other legislation applied in states and territories across eight themes.
- Rules for driving in school zones PDF: 549 KB
- Rules for drug driving in Australia PDF: 627 KB
- Rules for L drivers PDF: 499 KB
- Rules for mobile phone usage PDF: 556 KB
- Rules for motorcycle L riders PDF: 424 KB
- Rules for older drivers PDF: 357 KB
- Rules for P drivers PDF: 454 KB
- Rules for vehicle standards in Australia PDF: 272 KB
Data is sourced from state and territory transport authorities, for more information refer to the Source Glossary PDF: 349 KB. The Road User Placemats are not the law, but a guide to some of the laws relating to driving within the states and territories. The information in this publication is provided in good faith and is believed to be accurate at the time of release.
Please check your relevant transport authority for any changes.