New Grant Opportunities
The Australian Government announced dedicated new funding in this year's Budget for road safety programs.
The Road Safety Awareness and Enablers Fund provides $4 million over four years from 2019–20 for grants to fund road safety awareness, education and collaboration initiatives.
- $1.2 million over four years to Driver Reviver Australia to support the Driver Reviver program to improve awareness of sites and for engagement of volunteers.
- $1 million over four years to partner with industry to develop and promote programs to better educate caravan, campervan and motorhome drivers on safety awareness.
- $400,000 of seed funding over two years for the Australian College of Road Safety to establish a self-sustaining International Outreach Chapter.
- $200,000 over four years for sponsorship of Fatality Free Friday.
- $200,000 over four years, with matching funding from state and territory governments, for a Road Worker Safety Campaign.
- $200,000 over four years for the annual Australasian Road Safety Conference.
- $100,000 over four years to co-sponsor (on rotation with each state and territory) Australia's launch event of the annual National Road Safety Week.
$700,000 over four years from the Road Safety Awareness and Enablers Fund has been made available in a competitive grants process.
The Road Safety Innovation Fund provides $12 million over four years to support road safety research and the development of new road safety technologies and products.
More information about both of these programs will be provided on this site in the near future.